Manu Delago was born in Innsbruck, Tyrol, and took music lessons as a child in accordion and piano. As a teenager he mainly played drums for various rock bands. In 2003 he picked up the Hang which gradually turned into one of his main musical instruments.
After graduating from the Mozarteum, Innsbruck, in classical percussion, Delago moved to London and studied jazz drums at the Guildhall School of Music & Drama, beginning his focus on the Swiss instrument Hang. Later he studied composition at the Trinity College of Music in London. After completing his studies, he worked as a composer, ensemble leader and musician. Since 2007 he has performed internationally in more than forty countries on six continents and provided music for film.
- 2015 – Manu Delago – Silver Kobalt
- 2013 – Manu Delago – Bigger Than Home
- 2012 – Manu Delago & London Symphony Orchestra strings – Manuscripts
- 2010 – Living Room (Christoph Pepe Auer & Manu Delago) – Colouring Book
- 2010 – Manu Delago – Made in Silence 2
- 2008 – Manu Delago – Adventions
- 2007 – Manu Delago Handmade
- 2007 – Christoph Pepe Auer & Manu Delago – Living Room
- 2006 – Manu Delago – Made in Silence
- 2013 – The Epiphany of Mrs Kugla – Shpongle
- 2013 – A long way – Andreya Triana
- 2013 – Traces of You – Anoushka Shankar
- 2011 – Virus – Björk
- 2009 – Nothing is something worth doing – Shpongle
- 2009 – Live in Concert – Shpongle (DVD)
- 2008 – Arigato – Boris Grebenshikov
- 2014 – Secret Corridor (hang, electronics & string quartet)
- 2012 – Concertino Grosso (hang & string orchestra)
- 2012 – CHS (hang & female choir in sechs parts)
- 2009 – Pencilphonie No. 1 in Hb2 (a self-portrait for pencil, eraser & sharpener)
- 2009 – Los Cepillos de Dientes (music for 2 acoustic toothbrushes)
- 2007 – If you’re really right, will be proved by the light (3 players on 2 marimbas)
Manu Delago website: http://www.manudelago.com/
Manu Delago - Parasol Peak - The Making of
'On Rock and Ice' is a documentary by Viktoria Waldegger about the multi award winning music & mountain film 'Parasol Peak'. PARASOL PEAK Full film & album 'Parasol Peak' available here: http://www.parasolpeak.com Public screening & live performance: Apr 23 - Brussels (BE) May 14 - New York City (USA) Jun 08 - Weiz (A) Aug 31 - St. Anton (A) More info on www.manudelago.com Parasol Peak is a multi-award winning film, in which Manu Delago leads an ensemble of 7 musicians on a mountaineering expedition in the Alps. Along the way, the group perform a collection of brand new compositions in different locations, at varying altitudes. CREDITS: All music written by Manu Delago Performed by Georg Gratzer - Woodwinds Marc Osterer - Trumpet & Accordion Alois Eberl - Trombone & Accordion Johanna Niederbacher - Cello Tobias Steinberger - Percussion Chris Norz - Percussion Manu Delago - Handpan & Percussion ALL MUSIC RECORDED LIVE IN THE ALPS No overdubs. Recording engineer - Michael Reisigl Mix engineer - Matt Robertson Directed by Johannes Aitzetmüller & Jeb Hardwick
- Parasol Peak - Behind the Scenes 6/6 - Before and after Parasol Peak
- Parasol Peak - Behind the Scenes 5/6 - The Summit Experience
- Manu Delago Ensemble - BFG (live)
- Parasol Peak - Behind the Scenes 4/6 – 'The Acoustics'
- Parasol Peak - Behind the Scenes 3/6 – 'Rehearsing'
- Parasol Peak - Behind the Scenes 1/6 – 'Mountaineering'